Finally launch that YouTube channel you've been thinking about
Discover your niche, build your studio, craft compelling videos, and unlock the YouTube algorithm as you embark on the journey to monetization
We're just getting started
This course is for:
You've seen others start successful YouTube channels, and you're ready to launch a YouTube channel of your own
You started a YouTube channel some time ago, but you haven't touched it in who-knows-how-long. You're ready to take YouTube seriously again
What can you expect from BGTY?
The Beginner's Guide to YouTube is broken into three parts: Getting Started, Creating Videos, and Monetizing and Beyond. Here's what you can expect:
In this section, you'll do the initial prep-work to best set up your channel for success. You'll learn:
- How to determine your niche
- How to define your audience
- How to set up your YouTube channel
- How to make a YouTube banner in Figma
- What gear and equipment you need
- How to construct your studio space
In this section, we'll dive deep into what's necessary to craft compelling videos. You'll learn:
- How to structure a YouTube video
- How to write strong hooks and CTAs
- How to talk to cameras with confidence
- How the YouTube algorithm works
- How to conduct keyword research to rank in search results
- How to craft effective titles and thumbnails
- The basics of editing YouTube videos
Monetizing and Beyond
In this section, we'll cover monetization and more intermediate concepts. You'll learn:
- How monetization works on YouTube
- How you can monetize your channel without being a YouTube partner
- How YouTube analytics work and what you can get from them
- Why, when, what, and how you should outsource
- How to repurpose your YouTube content
It's time to launch your YouTube channel
By the end of this class, you'll be equipped with the knowledge and resources you need to start, grow, and monetize your YouTube channel
About the Instructor
Hi, I'm Aprilynne, and I'll be your BGTY instructor.
I started creating YouTube videos in July 2021. I had absolutely no audio, video, or editing experience, but I was determined to get some attention.
Teaching myself the basics, I was able to get monetized within 4 months. I started making $100/day from my YouTube channel alone. Within 9 months, I reached 20,000 subscribers.
YouTube has given me:
- 5 figures in ad revenue
- Over $3,500 in sponsorships
- Over $1,500 in consulting revenue
- A $50,000 freelancing gig
- Features in Business Insider and The Verge
- A reputation as an industry expert
- Valuable introductions
... And that was only in 9 months
I won't teach you how to reach a million subscribers on YouTube
Frankly, I don't know how - I haven't done it before, and I'm not going to pretend I have. But YouTubers with millions of subscribers often forget what it's like to be starting from zero, and as a result they're often not the best instructors for beginners.
That's precisely why this course exists - designed with beginners in mind, focused purely on the period of time between zero and monetized. I'm here to teach you everything I know. So if you're ready to start on your YouTube journey, get your camera ready - I'll see you in classGet the Course
Subscribe for YouTube tips delivered straight to your inbox!